THREE REASONS YOU NEED SALVATION
- You needed forgiveness. At some point in your life, you will want to be clean. You will hate guilt; you will crave purity. You have a built-in desire toward God, and you will have to address that appetite at some point in your life.
2. You need a friend. You may be sitting there saying, “But, don’t I have friends?” Yes, but you have never had a friend like Jesus. No body can handle the information about your life as well as He can. He is the most consistent relationship you will ever know. Human friends vacillate in their reaction, depending on your mood or theirs. Jesus Christ never changes his opinion of you. No body can tell Him anything which will change His mind about you. You cannot enjoy His world without His companionship.
3. You Needed a future. All men have a built in need for immortality, a craving for an eternity. God placed it within us. D.L. Moody once made a statement, “One of these days you are going to hear that I’m dead and gone. When you do, don’t believe a word of it. I’ll be more alive then, than at any other time in my life.” Each of us wonders about eternity. What is death like? What happens when I die? Is there a hell? A heaven? A God? A devil? What happens? Every man wants to be around tomorrow. The only guarantee you will have of a future is to have the Eternal One on the inside of you. He is Jesus Christ, the Son of God!
The Gospel means Good News, you can change; your sins can be forgiven; your guilt can be dissolved; God loves you! He wants to be the difference in your life. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23. “The wages of sin is death.” Romans 6:23. You might say, what does that mean? It means that all unconfessed sin will be judged and penalized, but that is not the end of the story. The second part of verse 23 says “but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” What does that mean? It means that between the wrath and judgment of God upon your sin, Jesus Christ the Son of God stepped in and absorbed your judgment and your penalty for you. God says if you recognize and respect Him and His worth as the Son of God, judgment will be withheld, and you will receive a pardon, forgiveness of all your mistakes.
What do you have to do? “If you believe in your heart that Jesus is the Son of God and that God raised him from the dead on the third day, and confess that with your mouth, then you will be saved.” Romans 10:9-10. What does the word “saved” mean? Removed from danger. It simply means if you respect and recognize the worth of Jesus Christ, God will take you out of the danger zone and receive you as a child of the Most High God. What is His gift that you are to receive? His Son. “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” John 3:16. How do you accept His Son? Accept His mercy. How do you reject your sins? Accept His mercy. How do you reject your sins? Confess them and turn away from them. “If I confess my sins he is faithful and just to forgive me my sins and to cleanse me from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9. That is the Gospel.
We encourage all of our Disciples that are working to help bring Salvation to the world to take this plan, study it and use it in your ministries daily as you reach out to help find that lost sheep and provide peace, love and comfort to them. We bless this message to you in the name of Jesus Christ, who said, “If I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto me.” Now go out into the world and do God’s will. I remain your brother in Jesus, Pastor Davis/Master Teacher!
- We Confess Christ (alcplatteville.wordpress.com)
- My Assurance is Being “In Christ Jesus-2 (gospelbondservant.com)
- Theological Positions I Don’t Understand, Part 3 (richwendling.wordpress.com)
- How May Faith Be Illustrated? (samuelatgilgal.wordpress.com)
- Christ has set us free!! (alookintomymind.wordpress.com)
- Free from the Stronghold of Selfishness (ptl2010.com)
- Bring Good Fruit To God (gottasavetheworld.wordpress.com)
- I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Faith and its Result (lifereference.wordpress.com)
- Ask Yourself Questions.who Are You Really??? (pastormusiiwa.wordpress.com)