DRUGS and ALCOHOLIC
MONITORING THE DRUG CLIMATE
CONSEQUENCES OF ABUSE
WRITTEN BY SHIRLEY RHODES
Marijuana; Cocaine; Methamphetamine, Club drugs, Heroin, Prescription drugs; Alcohol abuse; Bath-salts, inhalants, amphetamine, MADA, Steroids, LSD… and the list seems endless. To view and read this entire article, click on the link below:
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR SAVING OUR CHILDREN FROM DRUG ABUSE
CHILDREN ARE OUR MOST PRECIOUS RESOURCE
WRITTEN BY MINISTER SHIRLEY RHODES
No matter how many times we may ask the question are how many different ways we may ask it, “WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR SAVING OUR CHILDREN FROM DRUG ABUSE?” The same answer keeps returning back to us. We as parents are responsible as the front line defense of helping to keep our children off dangerous drugs. Read this entire article and watch the video clips by clicking on the link below.
HOW WE CAN HELP TO OVERCOME ALCOHOL AND DRUG ABUSE
WRITTEN BY MINISTER SHIRLEY RHODES
ALCOHOL and DRUG abuse are usually two addictions that come to mind when addictions are discussed. Although we can take normal and healthy parts of life and abuse them as well, such as food, people’ SEXUAL ACTIVITY and our FAITH… Continue reading the entire story by clicking on this link; then return to this page to read and study more about this problem and how to overcome it.
Alcohol consumption is common in most parts of the world and most people consume alcohol sparingly or in moderation. In some people, however, alcohol consumption can become a chronic disease, or long-term illness, that has serious medical consequences. It is uncertain what causes this to happen in some people but not in others. Continue reading the entire story by clicking on this link:
RECOGNIZING THE SYMPTOMS
In order to face alcoholism and start on the road to recovery, you should have a basic understanding of the disease and its characteristics. Alcoholism is usually defined by the following traits: Click on this link to read the complete story:
Let’s begin by stating this one simple fact, “alcohol is an addictive drug.” Yet so many of our young people as well as adults, abuse this drug as though it will do no harm to their bodies are their minds. They say, just a little drink, why not? I can handle it. Yet when the damage is done, they are in complete denial that they ever done anything wrong. They even go so far as to say that they don’t remember what happen when they awaken. What they said or what they done. They have a complete memory lost when it comes to their actions after they have had a drink and a good time was had or so they thought.Now the alcoholic will say, “Having a drink is my own business.” Indeed it is! At least up to a point. Then it becomes the business of all of us who have to endure the suffering after the alcoholic has committed the damage, and that damage can be very serious at times.
So it’s your own business if you drink? Well, that’s what thousands of drinking drivers say. The victims of such drivers think differently at least those who are still able to think.
The one thing that keeps coming up over and over and that is what you say. You say you can quit anytime you want to. You are sure you will quit before you plunge too deeply. But yet you continue down the same dangerous path. What will be the end results? When an alcoholic continue to be in denial of the very fact they do really have a problem and they can handle it own their own disaster is just around the corner.
- Does alcohol affect women differently? (alcoholic.org)
- Drink-drive limit cut ruled out (confused.com)
- Don’t Drink and Drive (slightlyinsightful.com)
- The Social Drug, Alcohol. (chemistryinmedicine.wordpress.com)
- Call for change to drink drive law (confused.com)
- Drink-drive conviction quashed (confused.com)
- Letter to the editor: Be safe this spring, never drink and drive (norwichbulletin.com)
- 6,000 drink and drug drivers caught (confused.com)
- Alcoholic died after drinking CD cleaner – coroner (nzherald.co.nz)
- Alcohol addiction team wants higher energy drink prices (cbc.ca)
- Risky Drinking Can Put A Chill On Your Summer Fun (detroit.cbslocal.com)
- Raise prices of caffeinated alcohol drinks, report urges (ctv.ca)
- FAQs on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (education.com)
- How We Can Help to Overcome Alcohol and Drug Abuse (vineandbranchworldministries.com)
- Crossing the Line from Alcohol Use to Abuse to Dependence (irenewatson.typepad.com)
- Study Finds Alcohol, Not Marijuana, Is the Biggest Gateway Drug For Teens (science.slashdot.org)
- Study shows long-term drug abuse starts with alcohol (scienceblog.com)
- Alcohol and Employee Health: Sobering Facts (safetygator.wordpress.com)
- Do You Have a Substance Abuse Problem? (everydayhealth.com)