THE JOY OF MOTHERING NINE CHILDREN
TODAY WE HONOR ALL MOTHERS AS WE CELEBRATE THIS SPECIAL MOTHERS’ DAY WEEK…
AUTHORED BY MELANIE JEAN JUNEAU
I wanted to be a missionary when I was in my early twenties and was not interested even in dating at university. Suddenly, in a space of a few hours I knew God’s call was marriage; His presence was so strong, I received an inner image of Jesus’s hand on Michael’s and my heads.I was disappointed but I said yes to becoming a mother even though I had never held a baby before my first child.
My children literally saved, healed and set me free. They have shaped my whole spirituality . My life in Christ is simple and full of Joy.
With so much to do, I was forced to let go of control and let God take control. We are cash poor and He has provided for us, even performing a multiplication of heating oil. One tank of oil lasted for 4 months instead of refilling 6-7 times.
Melanie Jean Juneau is a petite wife, writer and mother of nine children who blogs at melaniejeanjuneau.wordpress.com. When the words “The Joy of Mothering on a Hobby Farm” popped into her head as a subtitle for her short stories it was like an epiphany for her because those few words verbalized her experience living with little people. The very existence of a joyful mother of nine children seems to confound people. Her writing is humorous and heart warming; thoughtful and thought-provoking with a strong current of spirituality running through it. Part of her call and her witness is to write the truth about children, family, marriage and the sacredness of life, especially a life lived in God.
We thank our Dear Sister in Christ for sharing her beautiful story of The Joy of Mothering Nine with us. We encourage all our readers to click on this link and visit her Website and get her complete story. http://melaniejeanjuneau.wordpress.com/author/melaniejeanjuneau/
- To Joyful Motherhood (cohiblog.wordpress.com)
- Honoring all Mothers (joshandrebeccashrader.wordpress.com)
- Mother’s joy (akankshasblog.wordpress.com)
- Mothers’ Day Blessing (nosimmaasaimission.wordpress.com)
- Dear Daughter of Mine (litterateurnugent.wordpress.com)
- Remembering and Honoring Mothers Who Have Lost Children (blogher.com)
- Mother’s Day Prayer for Moms in Every Season of Motherhood (kidminspiration.com)
- When Mistakes are Made (pintowski.wordpress.com)
- Is Mother’s Day Painful for You? (journeystomotherlove.wordpress.com)
- Mother’s Day stirs up warm, sad parenting memories (utsandiego.com)