Today, we begin our week long celebration of our THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY. It is truly a joyful time of the year to be blessed and bless others as God has purposed us to do. So come on in and share with us each day as we share with you God’s word for His Blessings over your life and the lives of all His Children of the World. The World is in turmoil and it needs all of us to do our part in helping our brothers and sisters to be lifted up and stand tall in the world that we share as one in Jesus.
Together we will celebrate this thanksgiving in a special way, seeking God‘s blessing for all he has done to allow us this opportunity to share with each other our abundance from the feast of the harvest. Remember, we are our brothers keeper, therefore we must reach out to those that are in need of food and shelter, offer them a helping hand and then watch how God will add to our blessings.
LISTED BELOW ARE SOME WAYS FOR YOU TO THANK AND PRAISE GOD
The Bible is filled with ways for you to give thanks and praise God from cover to cover. The choice is yours to take the time to study and understand, the many reason why you should always be giving thanks. The Psalms provide us with a rich history of how we can do it. Take some time and study these Psalms and use them this thanksgiving with your family and friends as you share a thanksgiving meal with them.
Sing praises to God, sing with understanding, and make it glorious –Psalm 7:17, 47:7, 66:2, 66:4, 9:2, 27:6, 28:7, 57:9, 61:8, 63:7, 68:4,32, 69:30, 71:22-23, 92:1, 96:2, 101:1, 104:33, 105:2, 135:3, 146:2
Be glad and rejoice in God – Psalm 9:2
Shout for joy, rejoice – Psalm 33:3
Stand in awe of Him – Psalm 33:8
Lift up your hands to Him – Psalm 63:4
Think about God at night – Psalm 63:6
Encourage other to praise and thank God – Psalm 67:3-5
After reading the Psalmists’ instruction, it would be wise to ask ourselves: Do our lives truly express thankfulness to God? Or are we numbered among those are living a life of ingratitude, failing to act like we understand who God really is and what he has done?
- A Psalm of Thanksgiving. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com)
- Psalms 67. A Song Of Thanksgiving (biblestudytruthtoday.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 138. A Prayer Of Thanksgiving. The LORD’s Goodness To The Faithful (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Offering Spiritual Sacrifices. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com)
- Continually thanking and praising God (teresasthoughtsfortoday.wordpress.com)
- Psalms 67. A Song Of Thanksgiving (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Blessing and Thanking God through the Pain and Devastations of Life (chronicillnesspaindevotionals.wordpress.com)
- Five Thanksgiving Day Commands. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com)
- What are You Thankful to God For? (drwendycampbell.wordpress.com)