CHALLENGED TO RUN IN A RACE TOWARDS SUCCESS
ENDURE THE RACE SET BEFORE YOU
By Shirley Rhodes
Life is a race, and we all entered into the racethe day we were born. However, at that very moment we
never had the opportunity to consider it as such. But as we begin the process of growing into maturity and been endowed with power, knowledge, understanding and opportunity, we soon discovered that we were truly in a race. We have been challenged to run in a Race towards Success. When we were brought face to face with this great Challenge, we had to consider where we stood in this race and just how we were going to complete with the competition in a way that we would become a success in all that we did day by day with the tools that we were given from birth.
Before going further, let us considers what this word Success mean to us. First and foremost, Success is a relative term and it is personal and individual. It is your answer to the problem of making your minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and years add up to a great life.
Success is harnessing your heart to a task you love to do. It is falling in love with your work. It demands intense concentration on your chief aim in life. It is focusing the full power of all you are on what you have a burning desire to achieve.
Successis ninety-nine per cent mental attitudes. It calls for love, joy, optimism, confidence, serenity, poise, faith, courage, cheerfulness, imagination, initiative, tolerance, honesty, humility, patience and enthusiasm.
Success is having the courage to meet failure without being defeated. It is refusing to let present loss interfere with your long-range goal.
Success is discovering your best talents, skills and abilities and applying them where they will make the most effective contribution to your fellow men. In the words of Longfellow it is “doing what you do well, and doing well whatever you do.”
Now as you contemplate how to endure the Race Set Before you, we suggest that you chose a life centered on the teachings of Jesus. However, in doing so you are certain to come up short a few friends simply because you choose to enter the race that leads to eternity. This race towards success is not to the strongest are to the fastest runner. It however, is to the person that remains focus on Jesus which will enable them to have a calm spirit and the patience to endure the trials and tribulations that are certain to come into their pathway.
Remember these three basic rules:
(1) Joy, what’s going on inside of you, how you present yourself to others; happiness is what’s around us at all times. Sometimes we fail to take time to recognize all the beauty and peace God has provided in nature and others, learn to be thankful for each moment and not take it for granted.
(3) There’s a course you must finish, so therefore be faithful where-ever you are, this race is one of endurance; there is a finish you must see and keep, always stay focused and keep your eye on the prize, that prize is Jesus and you will gather strength to Endure the Race Set Before You. Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the truth (2 Timothy: 2:15).
Finally, understand this simple truth; there are no secrets of success. Success is doing the things you know you should do. Success is not doing the things you know you should not do. Be encouraged in all that you do. Jesus promised that He will always be with you, He will never leave you are forsake you. Nor would He put on you more than you could ever bear. He will be with you through it all. He always will have your back, and He is challenging you to run this race towards success.
- The Rise of the Remnant Church, Part 3 (lynleahz.com)
- Do not waver in your steadfastness to follow Christ (truthorshame.com)
- A Time for Everything. (wakeywakeysunshine.wordpress.com)
- If Paul has not arrived… (christianitymatters.com)