DEADLY SHOOTING AT THE SIKH TEMPLE IN WISCONSIN
A TIME FOR PRAYER and REFLECTION
Here are some excerpts from an article posted in the USA Today and written by Judy Keen: OAK CREEK, Wis. – Authorities were trying to determine a motive Monday for a bloody attack on a Sikh temple outside Milwaukee by an ex-Army soldier who killed six people and critically injured three others.
Wade Michael Page, 40, was shot dead by police at the scene. At a news conference Monday, Oak Creek Police Chief John Edwards said Page “was the only shooter” and verified earlier reports that he was in the military from 1992 until 1998 when he received a general discharge.
Bernard Zapor of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives• said the shooter’s 9 mm handgun with multiple magazines was purchased legally. He said authorities know how he got the gun, but did not give any details.
Carlson said other weapons and ammunition was found in Page’s apartment.
Heidi Beirich, director of the center’s intelligence project, said her group had been tracking Page since 2000, when he tried to purchase goods from the National Alliance, a well-known hate group.
Carlson said Monday the FBI is “looking at ties to white supremacy groups.”
This is yet another violent gun tragedy that is taking its toll on the Children of God. So I say to you this day, People of God, I urge you to listen up and tune your minds into the mind of God. Listen to God speak to you this day. Know that His ways are not our ways, but He wants us to listen and obey His Word. Now listen to what He said we must do, “if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14ESV).”
Today, as we reflect upon this tragedy, let us all remember the victims and their families, and obey the word of God and pray for them. When we seek God in honest for those that are among us who are in the greatest need and pause our thoughts about our own concerns and troubles, God will answer our prayers and bless them as we request and at the same time, He will also send down many blessings for us.
Remember, PAUSE, PRAY, MEDITATE, seek FORGIVENESS, and UNDERSTANDING! Do this in the name of Jesus, AMEN!
- Wisconsin Sikh Temple’s Shooter Was Long Known As White Supremacist (colorlines.com)
- Gunman ‘Just Began Shooting,’ Killing 6 at Sikh Temple in Wisconsin (cnsnews.com)
- Suspect in Wisconsin temple shootings may have Colorado ties (denverpost.com)
- Sikh temple shooter said to be white supremacist (cnsnews.com)
- Sikh Temple Shooter Identified, Had Ties to White Supremacist Movement (newsfeed.time.com)
- Sikh Temple Killer ID’ed as Wade Michael Page, White Supremacist (towleroad.com)
- Sikh temple shooting an act of ‘domestic terrorism’ (thestar.com)
- Sikh temple shooter identified as ‘frustrated’ ex-Army man (metronews.ca)
- Motive sought after 6 slain at Wis. Sikh temple (onlineathens.com)
- Sikh temple victim’s son learned of shooting in call (cbc.ca)