THE BIBLE AS A ROAD MAP
The Bible is the most important pool of knowledge that we have at our disposal. When God created us and sent us into this world, he did not send us here without the proper tools for us to learn how to survive and live out a righteous and joyful life. He gave us HIS WORD, as He inspired us to write it and place it in 66 different books which we now call the Bible. THE BIBLE IS OUR ROAD MAP, which will provide us with all the knowledge and power we will ever need to learn how to live out our lives in peace and prosperity.
In the first and second chapters of Genesis there are two accounts of the creation. In the first, most often quoted the order of creation places man as the final or ultimate creation. The second account places man in the primary position of creation, followed by the plant and animal realms.
The apparent conflict here need not in any way detract from the importance, significance, and validity of Scripture, but rather it can open for us a whole new vista of awareness that can assist us in our quest for awareness of Truth. Bible scholars all pretty well agreed that the Scriptures as a whole (and these early passages in Genesis in particular) are the product of more than one human vehicle expressing out of his own inspiration. The infinite intelligence that is God inspires the receptive consciousness with truth, and that truth is then expressed according to the consciousness, or degree of awareness, of the vehicle.
Therefore, let us understand what we mean when we say that THE BIBLE IS A ROAD MAP. The Bible is, when rightly understood, the story of the unfolding of the consciousness of man. Because it comes to us out of antiquity, having been translated again and again by many levels of consciousness, from one language to another and from one culture to another, it is often difficult to be able to interpret Scripture and relate it to our everyday experience.
However, Scripture reveals the evolution of the consciousness of man, from his origin in the Mind of God to his full willed and willful realization of Himself as God, as manifest in the Christ incarnate. Because of the awe of the Bible in which we stand, we will continue to return to it again and again until our expanding awareness causes it to reveal all its great insights. Our path on the journey to willed Self-awareness can be made clearer from time to time when we see THE BIBLE AS A ROAD MAP, which has led others before us. Perhaps the symbols on the map are not always clear to us, but if we keep returning to the proven value of the map, it will give up to us the insights that we are ready to grasp.
- Bible Study Series #2: Why Is Bible Study Important? (calltoprayerministries.wordpress.com)
- The Henry Morris Study Bible [KJV] (Master Books) 2012 (bookwyrmslair.wordpress.com)
- Finally! Red letters in the OLD Testament (wnd.com)
- Daily Devotional | “Study To Show Thyself Approved…” (thelivingwordministries.wordpress.com)
- Greater Than the Bible (godspace.wordpress.com)
- John Wright on Bible cosmology (creationconcept.wordpress.com)
- No. 1 inspirational book in America is … (wnd.com)
- 5 Reasons the “Image of God” Is Ambiguous (marccortez.com)
- The Precious Word Bible Study Series – Introduction (Lesson 1) (ptl2010.com)
- What the Bible Really Says (bloggingwithjane.wordpress.com)