TODAY’S SCRIPTURE THEY WERE DENIED THE PROMISE LAND
Moses took the staff away from God‘s presence, as commanded. He and Aaron rounded up the whole congregation in front of the rock. Moses spoke: “Listen, rebels! Do we have to bring water out of this rock for you?”
With that Moses raised his arm and slammed his staff against the rock—once, twice. Water poured out. Congregation and cattle drank.
God said to Moses and Aaron, “Because you didn’t trust me, didn’t treat me with holy reverence in front of the People of Israel, you two aren’t going to lead this company into the land that I am giving them.” (Numbers 20:9-12 MSG).
But God was still angry with me because of you. He wouldn’t listen. He said, “Enough of that. Not another word from you on this. Climb to the top of Mount Pisgah and look around: look west, north, south, and east. Take in the land with your own eyes. Take a good look because you’re not going to cross this Jordan. (Deuteronomy 3:26-27 MSG)
No prophet has risen since in Israel like Moses, whom God knew face-to-face. Never since has there been anything like the signs and miracle-wonders that God sent him to do in Egypt, to Pharaoh, to all his servants, and to all his land—nothing to compare with that all-powerful hand of his and all the great and terrible things Moses did as every eye in Israel watched. (Deuteronomy 34:10-11 MSG)
- Deuteronomy, Post Moses’ Death – Deut. 1:1 (thinkershandbook.com)
- Death of the Firstborn Announced: Exodus 11:1-10 (New King James Version) (egrejeen.wordpress.com)
- The literary genius that is the story of the Exodus (gilshalev.com)
- The Life of Miram – the Woman With the Water (momsfirstscreenn.wordpress.com)
- The Israelites’ Burdens (brakeman1.com)
- Pharaoh’s Overthrow (brakeman1.com)
- Moses Smites the Rock (brakeman1.com)
- Who am I? (justifiedjournal.com)
- God Called Moses to Go and Rescuse His People From Slavery (part 2) (vineandbranchworldministries.com)