DO NOT BE ANXIOUS ABOUT ANYTHING
Today, let us focus our attention on the subject at hand, which simply says, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. (Philippians 4:6 ESV).
My question to you is simple, what are you anxious [worried] about, and why are you anxious about it? I do realize however, that a lot of you could tick of a long laundry list of things that would make you anxious and by listing them they would make you feel better in some strange way. I will not tell you to set aside life’s responsibilities so as not to be anxious [worry] about them. We as Christians are to be responsible for our needs and our families and to care about and be concerned for others, but we are not to worry. Because worrying can cause other physical and mental problems within your body that can damage your health, so worrying about the many problems in life is never a good thing to do.
In our understanding, the most important reason for a Christian not to worry is because it shows a subtle form of distrust in God. When a believer worry, you are saying that you do not trust that God will provide and you doubt that he cares or that he can handle your situation. The antidote to your worrying about life’s problems should be prayer. You should learn to pray about everything. Prayer combats worry by allowing us catharsis. We can off load our stress onto God. We need to learn how to take all the energy that is used in worrying and put it into prayer. This includes praying about everything. No request is too small, difficult, or inconsequential to God.
I tell you this one truth, we as believers should pray about the things we need, then we should thank God for all that he has done in our lives, because if we pause and think about where we are today, we can find plenty to lift up our eyes towards heaven and say, “thank you Jesus,” “for you have truly brought me a mighty long way.”
Sometimes in our thinking about the problems and complications we are facing in our daily lives, it may seem impossible not to worry about anything, but this can happen if we as believers truly give our worries to God, because worry and prayer cannot coexist.
Therefore, I tell you to stop worry and, “DO NOT BE ANXIOUS ABOUT ANYTHING”
May God’s grace and mercy cover you in all that you seek out in this life, and let your mind abide in Jesus and He will always abide in you. Certainly you will quickly learn that no weapon formed against you shall prosper. We have ministered this message to you today from the throne of grace with peace, purpose, power and above all God’s love. I remain your brother in Jesus Christ, Pastor Davis/Master Teacher!
- Don’t Be Anxious – May 5 (soontopass.wordpress.com)
- Walk Away From Worry (christlikeministriesnwa.wordpress.com)
- Walk Away From Worry (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- Awesome verses-Philippians 4:6-7 (neesechurch.wordpress.com)
- “Every thought is a prayer. Worry is prayer in reverse.” (onbeingmindful.wordpress.com)
- A House of Prayer. (six11.wordpress.com)
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (richardangulo.wordpress.com)
- Cast your burden on the Lord (wordsofgrace.wordpress.com)
- Praying to the Saints – Steve is wrong! (who’d a thunk it?…but then I’ve been wrong before as well) (signposts02.wordpress.com)
- The Role that Prayer Plays in Spiritual Growth (lifereference.wordpress.com)