In part one of these very important lessons we wanted to focus your attention only on the pure scripture of this message. In lesson two we will go into the details of Jesus teachings on this subject. Read it, pray on it, then spend some time and meditate on what Jesus is teaching you here. This is taken from the Message Bible in (Luke 6:27-36).
To you who are ready for the truth, I say this: Love your enemies. Let them bring out the best in you, not the worst. When someone gives you a hard time, respond with the energies of prayer for that person. If someone slaps you in the face, stand there and take it. If someone grabs your shirt, gift wrap your best coat and make a present of it. If someone takes unfair advantage of you, use the occasion to practice the servant life. No more tit-for-tat stuff. Live generously.
Here is a simple rule of thumb for behavior: Ask yourself what you want people to do for you; then grab the initiative and do it for them! If you only love the lovable, do you expect a pat on the back? Run-of-the-mill sinners do that. If you only help those who help you, do you expect a medal? Garden-variety sinners do that. If you only give for what you hope to get out of it, do you think that’s charity? The stingiest of pawnbrokers does that.
I tell you, love your enemies. Help and give without expecting a return. You’ll never—I promise—regret it. Live out this God-created identity the way our Father lives toward us, generously and graciously, even when we’re at our worst. Our Father is kind; you be kind.
- Today’s Scripture Reading (love Your Enemies) (vineandbranchworldministries.com)
- Teachings of Jesus: Love Your Enemies (anotherchristianblog.org)
- Week 5.4 Love for Enemies (dailybiblestudy.com.au)
- Jesus Hater! (bound4grace.wordpress.com)
- Is It Really Possible to Love Your Enemies?? (janetdolce.wordpress.com)
- God’teachings on Forgiveness (pastormusiiwa.wordpress.com)
- Sinners Get It (mattamesblogs.com)
- When He Suffered He Did Not Threaten – Misericordias Domini Sermon (deprofundisclamaviadtedomine.wordpress.com)
- How do you pray for someone you don’t want to? (pastormikesays.wordpress.com)
- Love Your Enemies (gottasavetheworld.wordpress.com)