TODAYS SCRIPTURE READING THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD
The Twenty-Third Psalm is probably the best loved poem in all literature. Whether sung to the stately measures of Crimond or recited in a Sunday School program, it has a charm that is perennial and a message that is deathless.
Despite its worldwide popularity, the Psalm is not for everyone. It is applicable only to those who are entitled to say, “The Lord is my Shepherd.” It is true that the Good Shepherd died for all, but only those who actually received Him by a definite act of faith are His sheep. His saving work is sufficient for all, but it is effective only for those who actually believe on Him. Everything therefore hinges on the personal pronoun my. Unless He is my Shepherd, then the rest of the Psalm does not belong to me. On the other hand, if He is really mine and I am really His, then I have everything in Him! Now let us pause for a moment and listen to Jeff Major play the Twenty-Third Psalm.
God, my shepherd! I don’t need a thing.
You have bedded me down in lush meadows,
you find me quiet pools to drink from.
True to your word,
you let me catch my breath
and send me in the right direction.
You serve me a six-course dinner
right in front of my enemies.
You revive my drooping head;
my cup brims with blessing.
Your beauty and love chase after me
every day of my life.
I’m back home in the house of God
for the rest of my life.
Finally, when we think of all the riches of grace which we have in Christ Jesus, we burst forth with the grateful acknowledgment, “My cup runs over!”
“His love has no limit, His grace has no measure, His power has no boundary known unto men: For out of His infinite riches in Jesus He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.” (By Annie Johnson Flint.)
May God continue to Bless each one of you, and we encourage you to think GLOBALLY and work LOCALLY. We have ministered to you from a position of peace, purpose, power and prosperity. I remain your brother in Jesus Christ, PASTOR DAVIS/MASTER TEACHER!
- The Prophetic Voice of Psalms 23 – Part One (justificationbygrace.com)
- The Lord is My Shepherd for Life (agoldentreasury.com)
- A psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. (richardangulo.wordpress.com)
- Psalm of Divine Shepherd (loopyloo305.com)
- Shepherd (realtybyjm.wordpress.com)
- Jehovah Rohi….The Lord is My Shepherd (cindylivingstoneministries.wordpress.com)