TIME TO CELEBRATE MAUNDY THURSDAY
Tomorrow we will begin to celebrate Maundy Thursday together. Maundy Thursday is also called Holy Thursday; it is the beginning of the three day celebration of EASTER the most important time in the year for Christians. This period (‘The Triduum‘) is one big celebration, remembering the last supper, the crucifixion and the death of Jesus, and the Resurrection to new life.
Maundy Thursday commemorates the Last Supper of Jesus Christ with the Apostles. It is the day before Good Friday, and it is the lesser known days of the Christian calendar. On this day, Christians remember the Last Supper. During the meal Jesus took bread and wine and shared them with his disciples.
Christians from around the world will continue to share bread and wine as part of their worship services in their individual local church. We share this message with you in order to help you prepare for your day of celebration. When we all join together in these moments of great celebration, it enables us to remember just how much we truly are one in Christ. He gave His life that we may live, love and share with each other. Know that on this day, you are truly BLESSED and HIGHLY FAVORED, because GOD said you were.
Let me remind you and encourage you to think globally and work locally, reaching out to your brothers and sisters and giving of yourself that others may live, lifting up our Holy Hands towards heaven in prayer. I remain your brother in JESUS CHRIST, PASTOR DAVIS/MASTER TEACHER!
- Maundy Thursday (ptl2010.com)
- “What is Maundy Thursday?” (jesuschristlordsavior.wordpress.com)
- Maundy Thursday (mynorthlake.com)
- Maundy Thursday – More Than Foot Washing (revsantry.wordpress.com)
- Lent, Holy Week And (Heading For) Easter (bigcircumstance.com)
- What Day Was the Last Supper? (revivalandreformation.wordpress.com)
- Holy Week at St. A’s (watchcroton.com)
- Holy Week Service Schedule (firstchurchofthenazarene.wordpress.com)
- BRIEF: Myrtle Grove Presbyterian to present Maundy Thursday drama (wilmingtonfavs.com)