THE PASSION OF CHRIST
The Passion of Christ, what does it mean to you? Now allow us to reveal the story in words and pictures. As you read this short introduction, pause and say a prayer. Let your words meditate deep inside your soul. Know that this is truly the first day of the rest of your life. Don’t just sit and watch this movie, let it stir up the passion inside of you to know the truth and the truth will set you free.
Now allow me to first engage you with this short story of the VINE, because each one of us is the BRANCHES of this VINE that grew up before the delight and gaze of Jehovah like an exotic, tender plant in this world of sin. He was like a root out of dry ground. Israel was the dry ground, a most unlikely soil. The nation of Israel could see no beauty in Him, nothing in His appearance to attract them.
Now here is how F.B. Meyer’s describes the mystery of His humiliation:
The tender plant; the sucker painfully pushing its way through the crust of the caked ground; the absence of natural attractiveness. Such imagery awaits and receives its full interpretation from the New Testament, with its story of Christ’s peasant parentage, his manger bed, and lowly circumstances–fisherfolk his choice disciples; poverty his constant lot; the common people his devoted admirers; thieves and malefactors on either side of his cross; the lowly and poor the constituents of his Church. This were humiliation indeed, though the irregularities of human lot are scarce distinguishable from the heights whence He came.
Now prepare yourself to watch this awesome soul stirring move. This is the original 2 hour full length movie.
- That’s My King – A Sermon By S.M Lockridge Set To Images From The Passion of the Christ (christcenteredteaching.wordpress.com)
- How Deep Is Your Passion? (apreachaskid.wordpress.com)
- Catholic Meditations for Lent by St. Thomas Aquinas – Valent Richie (itunes.apple.com)
- Hollywood producer eyes sequel to ‘Passion of the Christ’ (deaconjohnspace.wordpress.com)
- Passion of Christ (famoshamorgan.wordpress.com)
- Why Jesus Came To Die: Reason #36 (sandhillsonline.org)
- Restoring the blazing fire of passion for Christ (jonathancressey.wordpress.com)
- Passion Week (philoshonumphios.wordpress.com)